Trapper Thursday

Get to know the cycles.

Why people buying bonds? Bonds are safe. 


why price of gold going up? its a hedge. cut your losses. and making money on the backside. or you are trying to mitigate the risk. 


2 forces I had to work off, Page 70

Get your self life insurance, holla at Lindsey. She's the real deal. She helped me get. She helped me think about something. 


Wealthy families, they use insurance as a business deal. we use insurance to bury us. I may be worth millions, I'll get a policy. Now set my family saying, you know what, let's get life insurance. 


Focus on big picture concepts. Pay more attention to specific facts and details. (book)

don't always look at right now, but let's look at big picture. 


Member: Create a great leader. What will the company produce once you are no longer there. Don't just have everything depend on you, create leaders. 


Trapper: i learned everything from you. Took course, I be on your lives. I do reading on my own but listening to you help me. I want you to help me on the journey. I need somebody to share the load with me. he said that's easy I got you. Baker, we gotta bring somebody else in. At the time, Lala was doing the same thing Baker was doing. I went to Baker, let's look at Lala. We can now have trap, baker and Lala. 

I can't personally answer every question. I cant post everyday. That's when Jamilia came in. she did transcript. As we built that, we saw the value. Lala called me and

Chapter 6

Life consists of 3 phases

1. we depend on others

2. others depend on us, we work

3. other no longer depend on us, we are free from work and we can save a life

If you talking about wealth, you are a SHAPER. in your family.

Expose people little by little to something. You cant give it to them all at once, its too much. They won't appreciate it. You want to show them the benefit of building wealth. 

I wanted to retire my mother, give me the joy. but I realized that's my personal goal. She has her own thing that she wants and I can't force her. 

Ray, great depth analyzer. The better depth we can get, the better we can navigate it. 

SHAPERS- independent thinkers. They keep going with their goals. 

Am I an independent feeler?

Its so easy to think you are a independent thinker but you fall into someone else's mission. if you hear it enough you think you made a decision as really it was imposed on you. Don't overload on the information. i am going to stick to my principles and I will make that make the decision. Does that make sense to everybody? For sure.

Page 99 management likely to do well if we don't change.. Decision making process has been so systemized. certain areas of Bridgewater are largely following systems and structures. other areas are dependent on the quality of the people that are decision making. 

Trapper- when I invest I 100 percent have to agree with the vision of Management. Start running through, make it part of your system. Do we see the vision? that management have. even though the numbers make sense, we gotta ask ourselves that. That makes the investment easier to make. 

Everytime we go to China, we meet for 15-16 minutes.  we discuss politics. we are both interested in how everything happens over and over again. 

Later in life, winning awards and winning battles becomes less exciting than passing the knowledge to others. We move forward. page 11, second paragraph. We gain knowledge, we move forward. We leave crumbs for those who want it. 

Q: How was you transition when you say when you leave crumbs and move on, when you got the level that you want to. How did you break that off into your circle. 

Trapper: I am still transitioning. I am still in phase of all this stuff is new to me. 

I had the mission, I kept pushing. They will catch up if they want. If they want it, they'll catch up.

Book chapter 6. one person does good in one role doesn't mean that it would be good in another role. have a way to find a capable CEO. began to think of governance in a way I never had before. See sweep. CEO, CFO, COO then board of director. CEO, always is gonna put a CFO in place. put Tim Cook was in place. I think Tim Cook was better CEO than Steve Jobs. where did that CEO come from? What did he do before that job? Did he work hard for it, did he work up the ladder for it?

earlier years, I thought they were successful because they were extraordinary. all of them, like me, makes mistakes and don't feel like they are special. they struggle like us, although they are successful they still experience more struggle than glory. While I surpassed my dreams decade ago, I still struggle today. 

Trapper: the struggle is where I learn investing, ourselves. Don't be afraid of the mistakes. Look at your strength, look at your weakness. I gotta pay attention to detail in this area of my life. 

Your weakness is no longer your weakness. 
the more you focus on fixing it. 


Life brings both up and downs. Struggling doesn't make your ups better, it makes your downs less bad. 

I am still struggling. even though I avoid struggling, they have a way to find me.


How do we grow, how do we transition.


So many people we affect by moving forward. All the woman I want to help. I need to get a portrait. Women looking up at me. So I look and feel the responsibility.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mad at today

Peplum

Hooking Up