Roberto

He was second owner at restaurant I worked at


Helped me pay the bills at my apartment. Worked as teacher during the day, this was my second job.


It helped me pay the bills. It was okay, I survived. But it was another moment of, 


I am not achieving what I want. And this story in my head, God told me to come out here so keep riding this wave out.  Who knows what will happen.


What happened is I was extremely broke and I was in a desert. Dreams of prosperity and healing. I got my healing, did not have the prosperity. I also was depressed. All of it came out, when I wasn't working. My last life, I was go go go, 6 days a week.


Now I had time to think. Now I walked the streets. I remember being so grateful, grateful that I did not have to take trains anymore. I walked everywhere. I walked alone, always. The streets never had people. I would walk 3 miles a day. When on bike, that was the hardest time for me. 

Always looking for work, I went to my old boss. It seemed no one wanted me. Get a gig, get a job, go and apply, you have a degree. None of it mattered. And no internet, no computer, until Ky sent me a computer. Was it during this time? Finally, I had some entertainment. I would watch comedies and they would make me laugh. 


But I was miserably broke. Again, I saw no way out. Everything I seemed to do did not work, get a job her apply here apply there. Go up, look up, pray to God, God what should I do? What is next?


Anyhow at the time the girls want me out of the house. I can't believe it. I have done no wrong. They are afraid of the devil. But they think it is all caused by me. At this time, I forget completely who I am. I am so depleted, I lost my fight, I'm just like whatever, life I did all that I can. 


It was a low moment for me. Then Roberto came, I stopped working around 3am from the restaurant. He would drive me back home because it was a couple of miles away. I told him my situation. There I am, scared of being homeless. I say they want me out, I have no where to go. I have no money.


Roberto gives me a speech, he had all this strength, this thing that I was lacking. He said God had more for me. And if the roommates want me out, that is not the only option for me. He said you live there now but if you lose it, it's okay. God will provide another one. This is not the end for you. He was completely right, the floor did not fall from my eyes. God did provide a next place, and a next place, and a next place.


I learned that even when you have absolutely nothing to stand on, God will have your back. People are the currency, not money. I moved a couple more times after that, always have enough money to get in, not enough to maintain it. Then got into my place. I stayed there for a while. Moved before September, left in February because I was pregnant and it was time to go. I went back home. It was crazy.


But Roberto, the guy that was running the business on his back. Such a hard worker, such a great heart. He is the type of person that people in heaven are made of. He is probably the most Christian person I ever met. He had a good heart, he knew what it was to struggle. and he knew when to give someone an opportunity. 


I was very grateful because in my life, he was a person God used when I had no strength. His speech gave me some. It was equivalent to the scripture Jesus said, tear down this building and I will build it up in 3 days. The physical thing is not the source, God is the source. 


That was the lesson.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mad at today

Peplum

Hooking Up