Motivational Speech 9/25/20

 When I was buying fashion,


what I am really wanting to buy is appreciation


i want to feel beautiful, isn't that what buying makeup is all about?


and these new clothes, we can to look great


but have you ever been in a social gathering and no one complimented you


and you felt utterly alone?


I avoid parties now


I got tired of that feeling, I would feel so empty in those gatherings


These gatherings are more my type


there is no loud music, everyone is dressed to the 9s. No one is going to come and bump and grind against my butt. there is no awkward dancing with someone all night and not even knowing their name.


No, I like this more. We can hear each other, we can think, we can think about our lives, we can get access to information. We can become one in thought.


There are some of you that are not here. you are in your head. You are still at home, or maybe you are in between the texts with your spose. Something is fighting for your attention so bad right now.


For those people I say WAKE UP! Claps.


I just needed to shock you for a bit. Wake up, you are here but you could still me missing it. I want you to know that you are valuable. I want you to know that you are good enough. I want you to know that you are loved just the way you are, right now.


The first time I heard those words were in a book that a friend of mine wrote. He said 'you deserve to be with someone that loves you and appreciates you just as much as you do for them.' It was a mind shift.


It spoke to me, I teared up a little bit. I never thought of it like that. I read the whole book, but that was the sentence that was going to impact me. See, my pastor used to say Don't miss it. He was talking about church but he was trying to teach us a principle. 

Show up. Be early, be on time, don't miss the lessons. My pastor would say you don't know if you are going to get what is for you during worship time, during greet time, during the sermon, or afterwards in fellowship time. You never know where your blessing is going to come from. 


It's the same with this moment right here. It's the same with life. Go and be present. Read the books, go to the seminars, learn the lessons. show up. Show up for yourself, show up for your children, show up for your legacy. I don't know who I am talking to today, but I am saying these things hoping some of you will get it. I don't know the impact it will have on you. But I do know it will have a positive impact.


We are all leaders. We are the leaders of our lives. What are we giving focus to? What is important to us? What habits have we developed in the last couple of years? Are they serving us or are they inhibiting us?  Some us have been down for so long we think that is where we belong.


Say it with me: Generational curses end with me. Generational wealth and blessings begin with me. I say that every day. It's part of my affirmation. You see, self belief does not being with your spouse, your child, your coworker, your mother, your family. It beings with you.  


Its a good seed in a soil. That's all that matters. That's the seed. That is the seed. You are the seed, make it good. Water it with good food. What is that? What you listen to, the words that come out of your mouth, you are the first to hear them. Make it good. Make it good. 


Let's do an action right now. Lets write some affirmation. I will say some, write them down. I recommend these. The first time I heard affirmation I was like, nope, not me! I am not loved! I am not free! I am bound, I am broke, I am a failure, always will be! those statements sounded true to me. I had to change my mind. I had to get rid of stinking thinking. 


I am enough, I am happiness embodied. I am great. The greatest gifts are still undiscovered inside of me. I am infinite possibility. I am inspiration. I am great. I inspire others to be the best that they can be. My dreams are more important than my failures. I can and I willl, I can and I will. It all begins with me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mad at today

Peplum

Hooking Up