I want

 I want to say they saw you


and how you great your golden leaves are


but instead they missed your beauty


with their wordly concerns and homes they need to get to


with their goals and wives and kids they need catch up to


They all missed your beauty, matter of fact they never saw it


Never took the trip, never looked at the glimmer of your lakes


At the outstanding beauty that is nature


At the rise and fall of your kingdoms


At how you are here before and after generations


You, tree, will outlive me


You lake, you will nourish the soul of many after me


You life, will always give us reason to overwhelm us


You nature will always offer yourself


So while I'm here I want to say I appreciate you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mad at today

Peplum

Hooking Up