George PITTS LIVE 10.08.20

with LandlordinStilettos

 George: find a number. what is your freedom number?


If you don't have assets, start building them. if there is no disposable income, now you are 100% dependent on hitting your number every month. Entrepreneurship is not guaranteed. its not paycheck every 2 weeks. 


You do more work than 9 to 5pm. outside of having your number and having your assets. make sure you r mind is right. Disciplined enough to not cruise and do what you want to do. Get your work done before you can have fun. 


People don't look at the leverage that they have. I had 401k, took a loan, used as down payment and I allowed that and built up to have multiple properties now. Discipline is something you gotta find. 


Lady: Take the risk. saving for a long time, take a tiny little slice. Do what you gotta do and do it for your family. People are looking for answers from people that have never done these things themselves. People make decisions out of fear. Some people want the knowledge but do not want to pay for the expertise. We have done the work, put our neck on a limb so of course you can put a price tag on that knowledge and that experience and charge for it. I love your post people want to jump in you DM and pick your brain. 


George: You have to set boundaries. I would allow someone to pick my DM. Then it was 'oh, I'll check it out' when it comes to book a session. Hey, I came up with a session. Everytime they said I have a quick question, I would say book a session, I would say. 


Lady: how much you charge?

$300 for an hour. And I have people that have no problem doing that. 3 slides 3 days a week. 9 slots a week, that is it. 


Lady: quick question, flattery, etc.

George: take a look, here is a link to my schedule. pick a day and let's talk about it. I think I can help you with that. Crazy, 5 minutes later 'hey, I'm on the link and  it's asking me to pay.' yeah, that's the right one. and I move on. You want to establish those boundaries. Instagram is one big soup kitchen. We are not feeding no more today, they will find another one. 


Lady: be in a position where you put your boundaries up. Also to diversity yourself. Some people their whole living is based on Instagram. That is not my existence. I love helping people, I do charge for it. I'm gonna be okay if you don't book a coaching session from me. You don't want to be so reliant on this stream of income, so you can eat regardless. 


George: made controversial post and took 2 months to get their page back. They couldnt run ads or nothing. They were on Instagram but not using it. He was hurt. You need to build on other platforms. He was making 30k a month. After 2 months, not existent. You gotta diversity your skills, different systems in place. Instagram, facebook, can go down. How can you communicate with your audience? If you only have one place to get them, you are running on a single point of failure in your business. 


Lady: What a time to be alive, a time to start a business where its free. you can use Canva, it's free. I just upgraded. You can create content and build a community. There is no excuse. Final point- as you are going through this and working 9 to 5pm and building a business. I had it written down, you will get overwhelmed and it would be worth it. It is tough, you are going to want to give up. Prior to pandamedic, and quit my job. I used to work in Bridgewater, NJ 2.5 hours from Philly. I come from pharmaceutical company. they were antiquated on views from working from home. Also, building my online business. Wake up 4am and get daughter ready to go to school, go commute to work. alwyas be silent and planning my content for Instagram. So I knew my post for the whole week. Sometimes I would pull over and plan out my content throughout my commute. I was up midnight, 1am planning out that content for the week. There were times when I said is this worth it? I'm on cruise control, getting this 6 figure check. Bigger picture is I don't like asking for vacation time. Also spend more time with my daughter. I don't think I could ever go back.


George: share my testimony. Until this day, I play content in my head, I would get something that is so good. Twitter was just my journal for my content. It was just something to come back to. My twitter I have built up also. When I started my journey on getting myself together financially, it was 2009 working for a large hotel chain in accounting apartment. IT department, stay on full time and gave me job as payroll person. I had never done payroll. After 2 months, I reached out to supervisor. I said I need some help. Sometimes payroll were late. She said I'm gonna get you all the training you need. Appreciate you being honest with us. I felt this weight off me. 5pm comes around, walk with me to parking lot. Wait, I need to stop in HR. HR lady comes out and says Mr. Pitts you ready? I said ready for? She said they have accepted your resignation. We both got set up. She gave me a severance, the best you can do. That was the wake up call that I needed. I cannot be dependent on this. Already living paycheck to paycheck, I was a newlywed. This was bad.

This happened 2 weeks before Christmas, you cant get job during the holidays. 

End of February didn't get job  again. I looked into what can I do? That's when I started cold calling, doing IT on the side. I learned course on WordPress websites. and internet marking course. My goal is if I can make an extra 1,000 a month. I look back at it and its like I could have done so much more but my mind wasn't there. I took my foot off the gas. I finally saw Periscope and saw how people did business. ' I just made 10k' they are offering course, I'm going to get it right now. What is this place?

Lady: Once veil is lifted, there is so much opportunity. Starting is listening in, to LIVEs like this. Taking these steps that will push you on the direction to just doing it. Giving up is not an option for me. Not gonna beg for a job. I had something to prove to myself. You are going to keep trying until you find what works. 

George: Build like they told you you have 12 months to continue to work here and you are no longer going to work here.  You will get the fire you need to think like that. What is I get unemployment and its 75 percent of what I make? 12 month notice. October we will lay 12k people.  

Lady: 20 year life in Pharma, never been laid of but being through 27 different lay offs. Possibility of laid off. Still thinking it could be you.  Share how to stay in touch with you.

George: MrGeorgePitts on IG and live on periscope still. podcast is coming back. signed big sponsorship deals. find it on spotify, apple, pocketcast, all those different sites. They are cutting checks now. 

Lady: God is good! LandlordinStilettos.com, podcast as well. I teach online entrepreneurship and investing in real estate. I also have guest come on. speakers, Facebook group. It's $30 a month. Worth the investment. Click link in Bio, shoot DM. 

George: Listen and pay attention. whatever you don't know, jump on google and find out. Get serious game on what to start putting your money in now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mad at today

Peplum

Hooking Up