Grant Cardone 10th day Part II

 Tim Grover- you were talking about passion. One of the most BS slogans. Work at it, excel at it. Most people are aimlessly walking around, not knowing where you want to go. 

What do you want to excel at? So many people want to tap out. You never tapped in! why are you tapping out! It's too difficult to tap in.


Grant Cardone- took Myer Briggs they said you should be an accountant or if that fails, be a sales man. I had no passion for either. 

Tim- go out and do it.


Grant- guy that says I don't do stuff I am not passionate about. you see that with singers, camera, photographers.

Tim- you should do that and more. That shows leadership when you are willing to do everything. you get on the phone.

Grant- I don't want to do that.

Tim- But you do it!

Grant- I don't want to push anything man!

Tim- you are not passionate but you crave the end results. the ability to travel, freedom. 

Tim- you don't have to love what you do, crave the end result. my guy, when they go to practice they have to say 'I hate this!' that's how you get better. all my clients say I practice so hard because it makes the game so easy. 


I tried my best, you looking for a hug. you are not going to get a hug from me. 


Grant- why they say I need you to hold me accountable?

Tim- why? they are never satisfied. I come on podcast and I have somebody I use them as an example. how many buildings have you bought?

Grant- I don't know. close deal on Thursday and I didn't even celebrate. I have to figure out how to take a moment.  Next day, back looking at deals.

Tim- you do, and you decide when that is. those are rewards, that's the way you validate for what you work so hard for. 

Grant- validate yourself. You gotta being a human being not a human doing. feel good about yourself without the things that you are doing.

is there something broken with me that I want another deal?

Tim- Kobe, when you gonna retire? he would say, after I win I win my 7th ring cause Michael had 6. 

Grant- he had a target he was chasing. 

Tim- He wanted to beat it. even when they stopped, always more to go. he won an Oscar, he wrote a children's book. everyone has it available. but people are more scared of success. after your first billion, you set a standard for yourself. this is what I gotta do. people sit back and say that is too much work. I am good right here. Takes exceptional individual saying I think I can get the 100. 

Competitive nature of these individuals doesn't stuff. If it does stop, turns into a destructive behavior. Idle time is the worst for a competitive person. 


Grant- If you don't have the book, get his book Relentless. He is a winner, a King and a Queen maker. He builds champions. I assume you have the excellence in you and you want to pull it out. 


Grant- never let the truth get in the way of a good story. my truth- how hard it is to climb those stairs? no elevator to the top as you get higher and higher the air gets thinner up there. Less people, less people.  people say, get off your high horse. Join me up there!


Grant- I think my audience wants to do the hard work.


Tim- At some point, you cant see the steps and those are the ones that keep going. You have to trust yourself, trust your abilities. earn your own trust. You don't care what the haters say. You don't spend time arguing with people. 

Everybody likes to analyze the fight from the outside. very few want to lift that rope and get in there. mental battle is even harder. It's in everybody. You have the ability. When you are born, doctor doesn't look at says this kid is gonna be a millionaire, this one a school teacher, this one wont amount to anything.


Grant- What does Lebron do when he is not on the court? I have an idea, he is not trying to figure it out by himself. wouldn't you say, you gotta get somebody on your side 


Tim- They have done it for you, made the mistakes. you cant be an expert in everything. you find somebody that mentoring is alight word. coach, whatever it is. 


Grant- we help each other. you cant do it all by yourself. People think they gotta do it on their own.


Tim- I don't talk to my quitters about the finances. my job is to handle the physical and mental game. that's what I do. 


Grant- say 'call Cardone'

Tim- when GC and we get together, we always over deliver. I was pissed off when I saw Pete in here .


Grant- Tim he helped me out so much. First time was in x hotel. Tim Grover understands me, he just knew who I was. You don't know this, but you gave me a huge thing that there was nothing wrong with me. That I was okay. 


Tim- successful people, people are afraid to challenge them. So I said, how can I challenge you? 


Grant- you putting that seed in me, I needed to hear that. It's another thing. It gave us enthusiasm.


Tim- I pulled all the list of the people that won 2 championships and the list of the ones that won 3. the numbers were astronomical different. it brought him closer to the level of greatness. This is what I tell individuals, I want you to enjoy your success. Party hard but don't party long. What are you celebrating? biggest accomplishment happened in high school. that's why they are here. day 10. and one more in Saturday. 

Grant- crazy day on Saturday. 

look at your girls, they want to do everything. we teach them danger of everything. don't talk to strangers, you are like talk to everybody. You talk to people that don't even speak the language. those are the things. excellence is inside all of us. for majority that is where it is going to stay. easy to talk to people that haven't excelled at everything. It doesn't work for me. It doesn't work for the best of the best. 

Grant- What's a brick? A billion dollars. 

Jarid- post a video about what you currently offer. Talk about the offers that you need to create. 

Tim- close to where you ant to be. you cant sit back and expect everyone to do the work for you. 


Grant- can anybody get it?

Tim- everyone can get it! People sign up for the offers, then you get an email, I wasn't paying attention. 

Grant- sometimes just the title can get you. Next thing is gonna kick in. 


Tim- We speak the truth. The truth will set you free and it will set your mind clear. When you  try to have clarity out there. You realize how much time you have been wasting. People say you got time. I tell them, you don't have time. 


Everything you need is already inside of you. You just gotta put it out there and you can't worry about what other people are going to say. They are not living their life, they are living someone else' life because they worry about being judged. 


Tim- Talent, intelligent, you have to be competitive.

Grant- what is competitive mean to you?

Tim- you are going against yourself. I'm trying to prove them wrong. Prove yourself right. 


Tim- Kobe worked harder than MJ, but MJ worked smarter. 

Grant- you have to figure out how to get on the stages with these people. We work together. collaborate.

Grant- what motivates me?

Tim- for me motivation is entry level. I am beyond motivation. I already know what I have to do to get to excel. I want to be better. I want to excel more. I don't need to get motivated. I don't have trouble working out, getting out of bed. I don't consider myself a motivator speaker. its a sugar high. 

Grant- you make people feel bad. 

Tim- I tell them the truth!

Grant- how do you get people to see your side

Tim- why you trying? if your results show there is more than opinion. The only opinion they want to hear is theirs. if you show them a different way, when you started grant people say how much money you raised? Grant 400 mil (?) that's your way of doing it. everyone else's opinion is you cant do it that way.

Grant- how you get your steps in order?

Tim- find out what is fucking up your steps and deal with that.  You cant deal with b and c if you don't get A in check.

Grant- emotional intelligence.

Tim- people spend so much time with the little problem because they don't want to deal with the big thing. people say I don't have enough time. You just gotta look at your schedule and all the time that is being wasted. get your steps in order.

Grant- your mourning routine

Tim- If i get up, one day none of us are. I can put my feet on the ground, is a good day. everything after that, is up to me. I get my workout, eat properly. I don't have a morning routine. 

grant- getting shape, does it help?

Tim- Of course! successful people want to hang out with successful people.

grant- do you have a mentor?

Tim- every person I meet if you shut up and listen to them, you can learn something from them. you learn stuff from your kids. 


Grant- does age matter?

Tim- age is experience, does not matter. when did you start: 26. get better with age, wiser with age. how old are you? Grant; 52. better shape? yes, better than when I was 26. everything is better.

grant- biggest challenge? Tim- Miami traffic to get here. 

Tim- find someone that doesn't always tell you what you want to hear. makes you uncomfortable. I deal in the reality and the truth. best of the best want to deal in reality and in the truth. 


Grant- why success to exciting to us?

Tim- success separates you from the pack. separates you from your habits. Most successful people are the loneliest. harder to find. easy to find middle of the pack you cannot be seen. everything you do, is put on stage. 

grant- some people don't want success because of what you said?

Tim- people want comfort. so much easier than to eat healthy. when you eat healthy, unhealthy people ask you, what are you vegan now? if you go out and you are not drinking and they are drinking, they can't accept it.

Grant- transferrable skills from the greats?

Tim- you need to have talent, intelligence, competitive. You gottta be resilient. all great business people you look at their successes but you don't look at all the stuff they had to go through to get to that part. 


Grant

Tim- if the adversaries are what you are dealing with, make your circle smaller. the athletes that become more successful, circle becomes smaller. if their circle gets bigger, they get lost. people think they should benefit the reward because they were with you. They didn't to the work with you but they were with you at that time. Don't quit. Push forward, sometimes you gotta crawl, go up, go down, go in all the different directions. Sometimes pushing is the wrong direction. 


grant- How you use social media?

Tim- I learn from you! easiest way to master social media? Look at your social media people. when they post, you post. they know the algorisms, etc. 

grant- just hired 4 people.

Tim- advice, don't expect the people you hired to work as hard as you do. If one does half of one that goes as hard as you do that's great. Don't expect people to do the things the same way, push the same way, (as you) never going to happen.

Grant- pick you neighborhood people it wont cost you anything. yes, it will cost you your dream. this guy here he flew and moved to be here and learn something that he didn't know.  it is going to cost you to get around the right people. invest. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mad at today

Peplum

Hooking Up