George Pitts IGTV 10.19.20

Story: How I got started in business and investing

IGTV (Sunday 10.18.20 12pm I missed it, caught it later).

Most of you are on Instagram, everyone that uses this platform they have problems that they need to solve. Many come on to hang out. If you are using social media and using it the right way, for your own purpose for your interest and things like that. But spending hours and hours on social media and not doing anything, 

USE SOCIAL MEDIA TO YOUR ADVANTAGE

We are living in the most prosperous time of the world. The reason for that was you can literally build wealth from this device in your hand called your phone. From anywhere in the world. They are leveraging it in the right way. You have a platform that is putting you in front of millions and millions of people that have problems that they want to solve. Put in the chat what you feel like you specialize in. (I have no idea).

Lost job in 2009, 3 months before I found another full time job. Did a work from home job with Best Buy, then QVC (taking calls for both) 8am to 2pm, then 4pm to 9pm. Had a couple of hours in between, then went right back in. That's what I had to do, no one was hiring. February got a job, kept both jobs just asked to change my schedule.  

The way that worked was I did my full time job from 6am to 2:30pm. Did evening jobs in the evening. I was getting FT check and PT check. I did that for 2.5 years. Paid off wife's car and credit card. 

I joined Warrior forum, before fakebook groups became a thing. That's where I learned about SEOs, internet marketing, and I paid $500 to get Wordpress websites. For my first client a month later, and that's where I started. I kept doing FT and PT job. Finances were still in whack, because I still did not know how to manage my finances. We didn't know where the money was going. 

Losing job in 2009 was best thing that happened to me. No matter how good or show up to work, they can cut you. It put me in probably unhealthy scarcity mindset. I always thought, regardless of how good I was at my job that I could lose this job. Before I lost job, I thought as long as I show up everyday and follow the rules, I have a job forever. Fast forward, I got on Periscope. It is a livestream site, purchased by Twitter. You don't make post like IG, its just LIVEs. I was on there for 6 months before I offered anything. I never planned to sell or start a business, I wanted to do as a hobby.

I was showing up consistently. I was showing what I was doing and people would say, how do I learn how to do that? I just got on there, showing my storage units, pallots that I would sell on my eBay store. Building websites for my clients. They started getting interested. They asked me, do you teach this? coach? I knew nothing of that, Felix would tell you. We were serving people so much, how can we pay you to go in depth to show us how to do what you are doing?

Mindset of wanting to serve people. You can't be wanting to sell and sell. Serve and show people that you are capable of doing what you say you are doing.  People say how can I make 1k. Start serving people. I need 2k by next month. I can't help you. Where is your website? none. is this your IG business page? 16 posts. Put something out there and give people information about it. If you don't have enough knowledge about a topic that you cant give some of it away for free and serve people, then you should not be charging for it. If you can't give a little bit of what you know about it, you gotta show some evidence of that. You gotta go and you gotta start serving people. Show up consistently and start practicing what it is what you are teaching. 

In last 30 days, all you posted was your course. No post on conventional, FHA, your properties, tenants, nothing. That's what people are missing, one side of the aisle. Other side, you want everything that you see but you are not willing to work for it. You want someone to tell you how to do the job and get paid for it 2 weeks later. 1099 is different than W2. one you gotta apply for, other one you gotta do the work right away. They don't want to do any of the work. I'm willing to teach people about stocks, real estate, beauty. 

I'm say you don't need a shot from me. Go out and take the shot. The thing about it guys. People complain about their income never changing is because they don't plan any other income seeds. 

Income seed, you plant it and watch it grow. Many of you want someone to give you the seed, give you the land to plant it on, give you shovel to dig the hole, access to the well to get the water. You don't want to buy the seed, the shovel, you don't want any of that. 

If you say I want to make 100k. I say, okay I'll charge you $100. If your mind if more on the $100 then the 100k you don't really want.

In order for your income to change, your conversation has to change. Your conversation can't go from I want to be able to make 100k, and then we are over here talking about a $100 investment. We keep coming back here ,what if it doesn't work, what happens to my $97. We keep going back here. 

I thought we were talking about 10k a month. Why are we talking about the $10 ebook? 

When I bought the $500 was I had income from second job. I was more afraid of losing my job then losing $500. If I put $500 in something that can teach me how to bring in some income, that's the where focus was. As long as I could afford it, I could bring myself into it. My momentum was I don't want to lose my job while it's the holidays. That decision I made that day, 10 years ago to invest into myself, is the reason why you guys are here listening to me right now. Let me tell you something, if I didn't have anything because I was focused on $500 I wouldn't have this home, garage full of cars. 

The future is always what is going to be the best investment in yourself. If you keep living in the current, your current eventually becomes your future. You wake up oct 17, 2020 is same oct 17, 2021. You have a harvest to expect, you are not doing anything different. Change things up, take another avenue. 

If you ever wonder why some people keep living paycheck to paycheck, its because you keep living paycheck to paycheck. It's not the government that is holding you down. Speed bump is like parking lot, go over it or around it. You can't stand around it complaining, watching all the other cars go by. At some point you gotta make the move. I shouldn't be complaining next year, I am complaining about the fact that it's there. Let me get over and get to where I need to get to. We gotta stop using excuses as to why we need to level up and get to where we need to be.

I started making websites, making 2100 to 2800 building websites. While having FT income and PT income. I could do 3 more websites, if I eliminate this job. I stop after 2.5 years. I was doing 2600 a month just on websites. Then I outsourced the websites to people in Bangladesh, Pakistan, they would build the websites for me. I would make $500 on it, I would make changes on the fly (on any changes that need to be made) for the client. Yes, it took out profit margin but I could do more websites. I could only do 4-5 a month. When I hired these 2 people I was able to do 10 to 15 a month. Making 5-6k in profit. After I pay them 2k to make them for me. Then I was like, okay I am making 5k a month. What do I do with this?

We saved enough money, and we wanted to buy a house. Our credit was jacked up. I invested in this company we were with  13 month, 13 point increase, paying 200 a month. Realtor said, call this company. Pay them 175 a month, for 11 months Didn't see any results. That's almost 2k gone. I said let me take a step back. Let me figure out how to do this myself.  It's been 2.5 years. We still don't have a house. We are still renting, making money, we are both in corporate, making 6 figures of income. This is ridiculous. Took a step back, let me figure out how to do this. I took a week off, learned everything I could about credit. Day and night, nothing but credit. I was able to raise our score by 300 points in 3 months. Got loan, got approved to build, rest is history.

then we have money. I started learning how t trade stocks. I put 15k and i lost 1200 by noone. I took step back again, 300 dollar in class (periscope) learned how to trade stocks. Then i got into it, making it happen. I saved 25k. I'm like let me go buy my dream car. I purchased this Dodge charger, 25k dollars. My sister called and said this dude passed away, all these properties are really cheap. Come here, we drove, she showed me I'm like man. We went to country clerk's office. Found auction, we bid on one for 25k. The way it worked you have 3 days to pay the money and you wouldn't get it. They didn't want me do a loan. I took my car back, and they charged me 1200 to return, pulled out the savings and this was the first one that we got. (Shows picture). Then I was like wow. This is real, this can really happen.

You can make things work in your life if you put in the time and resources to do it. We tried for many many years. this right here made me think, oh my God. So that's what I had to do. I had to do everyting that I talked about. We always talked about getting into real estate, buying a house. Talk is just like shopping at dollar tree. It's cheap. Until you make a decision to do what you said you are doing to do. It's not going to do anything for you. Make a decision on what you are going to do what you are doing to do. 

You have to get to a place that you start talking and doing what you said that you are going to do. We got this house in 2020. We talked about it for 5 years but I had to go out and do the work. You have to get to a place to where you want to do the work. You can't sit up here and keep saying, I want to make this happen and make this happen. You just gotta do it. You just gotta do it. 

Until you get to a spot that you are willing to do it if it's within you reach. What is it that you want to do? You gotta ask yourself. For me, I want to earn money and keep investing in myself and learn.

I want to learn how to make money online. Great! Get the  'Monetize Everything' bundle, For $97 what do I get? What if I lose the $97?

I need to fix my credit, tired of paying high interest rate. Great, get my Credit Repair Pillar. Does it take a month? No! It's a process. You gotta fall in love with the process!

Anything you have to get paid next week? Get a job. Then they get mad. If you have a job, get a second job, work as many hours as you can, then take care of that. Fastest way for you to get it. The way I show you, you may not get $500 in 2 weeks. A job, this is a guaranteed way to get the $500 that you need. "Oh, I thought you were better than that" Go and find somebody that can show you to make 2k from your 16 followers, I'll wait. 

If you listened to anything that I said, I just kept investing in myself. That is it. That is it! I haven't done anything any of you cannot do. I was reading how people were killing it making websites for local business, so what did I have to do? I found a price tag that I could afford and I purchased it. Guess what? Magic! I learned how to build websites.

Next, I wanted to learn how to make money on Periscope. I went to this guy, he had it going on on Periscope. I asked him, people want to pay me to do this, I have no idea how to do it. Can you help me make something I don't want to do it wrong because people want to pay me to teach this. He said give me a day to think about it. He came back, said this is how much this is going to cost you. I Paypal him the money, boom. We worked together for 6 weeks. I launched by first eBay class. I got so scared that I took the listening. I made over 7k. I could have made a lot more. We were at capacity. I had imposter syndrome. I had 32 people that was in this training and they loved it. I didn't spend that money for 3 months because I thought people were going to ask for a refund. He taught me how to set up my system, how to set up my stuff, what platform to use. Best 1500 I ever spent in my life. Best 1500 ever. I was able to almost 10x that money within 90 days. It's too late for you to tell me that investing in yourself is not good. I can't fool with you for too long. You are going to get a few replies to me. It's me managing my time and my mindset. I ain't got time to go back there. 


Q: still doing websites? stopped about 2 years ago. Killing it in the market when I learned stocks, kiling it in the market. I got multiple business. I should have did what I do now, set it up and let it run on its own. Back then, I didnt know how business worked I was just doing it. Hire project manager and I was too hands on with it. Everytihng was moving too fast. It was making the least amount of money in. I sold my IT contracts to another IT company. I had website building company. We would do SEO and internet marketing. I had 40 clients paying me $200 a month. I had work outsourced. I should have brought someone in to do my job and oversee. I didn't do it the right way. I let it go. Now I might get back into it again but its not something I am worried about right now. Not worried about it right now. 

Q: Where did you learn about stocks? He was on twitter, and moved to Periscope. Triple sense. All he talked about was the penny stock market. I said how much would you charge to coach and teach me about it. He would come on and give free game. he was so humble, he said give me your number and a day that works for you. This dude called me everyday for about 3 months and taught me everything about stocks. I paid him $500 one time and he didn't' even want me to pay him. I sent him $500 on his PayPal. He was spending his time with me, I was getting results. We have been the bets of friends ever since. He taught me everything I knew about stocks. I took stock training courses. It ended up working out very week. Now, have ton of money in dividends and... don't even trade penny stock market anymore. I bought another property just off trading penny stocks. I truly believe everybody should have money in the stock market. 

Q: When did you leave your 9 to 5? Lady makes 97k. She told me, George I got good benefits with government, she's like I got good bosses. With all due respect, I am never leaving my job. If you enjoy what you are doing, I don't knock that. What's better than one paycheck? 2. I get sick of fellow influencers on here  dodging people for having a job. No job, no business, no income. "I'm gonna keep rapping until this thing pulls up." Nothing wrong with having a job. Much more harder  running a business than having a job. Not guaranteed that its gonna run the way it should. You do it when you feel like its keeping you from doing more in your business. 

If you can do both and make it work, and balance it. Why not add two 6 figure incomes? Idk anybody that would not want to get an extra check. You do it when you feel like it takes away form what you want to do. I respect it both. You have to make that decision for yourself. 

Q: How difficult is it to close a property out of state? I closed from my computer. signed it electronically, sent it back, done that day. I am closing right here from my house. Find property manager, let them oversee finding tenant, collecting rent, getting the calls when something is wrong. the process is the same, you are just doing virtual tours. I am doing 2 virtual tours after this actually. 

The tenants will see it before we do. Property manager comes, get keys, you do everything electronically. You don't have to leave your house to do this. Do everything from home now. 

Q: Con of buying properties online? You can't touch it. You still pay to get it appraised, you still pay to make sure just like you would if you did if you were there. 2 cons, if you are not doing the research which I teach my client show to do it. Don't buy in a warzone. Don't get to go out and look around, Google maps. 30 minutes away from me, I will do it virtual. If I feel like going out and going to see it, I would do it. Con is you don't know the area. 

Q: FHA. Unless you are house hacking I wouldn't get FHA. Great for first time homebuyers, not a lot of savings. Not good as investor. PMI is going to kick your butt. Let's say $100 a month. On 30 year mortgage, extra 3600 for what? insurance premium for the bank. Only if you are house hacking. I'm a conventional guy. I do all private. I don't go through these government programs. Private lending you don't have the same restrictions and you get a lot more money. 

Q: Forex? I haven't done it. They turned it into MLM. Forex trading it Legit, people selling Forex trading but they don't know how to trade Forex themselves. People are pushing it, but they can't answer a Forex question. Forex trading is good, but I wouldn't be applying a membership to do it, its just not me. 

Q: how do you get over imposter syndrome? You do it scared. I've done 150 classes since then. I got webinar training tomorrow. I'm nervous. I want people to love the information. I am not going to cancel it. I don't think like that no more, but I want to overdeliver. Just by doing it, whatever you feel like you are an impostor in. Worst thing is not the worst thing in the world. Think, what is the worst thing that can happen if this doesn't work. And if the worst thing happens, will I die? and if the answer is no, move forward with it. If it does happen, how is it going to impact your life? That's the best advice I can give you. 

Q: Best financing? conventional, unless you have private lending. or bank offers internal loan options. 

Q: Should I buy Forex course?

Always worth investing a course when its someone is doing it. Unless price is ridiculous, always worth investing to learn something from someone that .

Here's the deal. Don't go broke doing it. I don't care if its me. Don't spend your last dollar buying a course from me. I care about that. It's always worth it, but not your last dollar. If you pay 1k for a stock course and I have. You still need to come up with money to buy stocks. You are still are going to make an investment behind the course. There is usually an investment after the investment. There is no normal range, from $47 to 10k. It's all about what you can afford.  Invest what you are willing to lose. I spent 5k working with a company,  I'm not really tripping. It is what it is. I'm not gonna lost a lot of sleep over it. I learned from that, and moved on. 

Q: favorite stocks? 

AT&T and coca cola and Proctor and Gamble because of the dividend. It's old money. Consistent. And they always will be. AT&T been doing some questionable things. Now they selling it for half of what they paid for it. They are going to be fine, but that concerned me. I'm a dividend guy so. 

ETFs are where its at. Individuals ones I have they pay good dividends. I've been on that for a while. They won't fail you.

Q: How much to run a website each month? pay for hosting and domain for the year. Less than $100 a month. 

Q: Do you offer a class on stocks? I'm gonna do a LIVE regarding dividends but it is being revamped right now. 

Q: What is impostor syndrome?

A person feels inadequate on something that they are capable of doing. You don't think you can do something that you did for the last year everyday in school. For example, you have been doing accounting for years. Start an accounting firm, triple your income. You do it everyday already, just under their business. Getting people over that hump. Just do it! (NIKE)

Q: ETF? Exchange traded fund, with multiple stocks. example tech stocks apple, google, etc. Let's say 5 companies 2 of them are not performing well, you don't lose any money. If you invest individually, you lose money. The other 3 are making sure you don't lose money. Built to make you more comfortable. I love them, they are my favorite thing to purchase in addition to dividends. 

Q: I want to help people to buy land, because I buy a lot of land. Portfolio is rentals and land. I haven't done a flip. I'm doing so well with rent-to-purchase ration and I love the cashflow so its hard for me to break away from that. I'm a little afraid, flipping is a much bigger deal. 

Q: Courses to get started online? 

A: I have a ton of courses, go buy all my courses.  there is no reason why. Let's do that first. 

wealthstreamacademy.com. $27 for the replay. 

If money is something you want to learn online, monetize everything. it has everything in there. It goes over the work at home jobs. I put masterclass. work form home then invest in different things. then make money with webinars, low price. it is one of my favorite bundles, get grasp of online space in general. Has masterclass, help you find your niche. Idk what to offer, what to sell, what services to provide. Getting comfortable with knowing and then bu9ilding on that. Boss up, webinar on teaching people how to get prepared for starting a online business, promote yourself on social media. 

You can't buy real estate if you are broke and if you have bad credit. Let's make some money first, then we can talk buy a house. Let's go learn how to fix our credit. Ya'll doing it backwards. How can I make money to do what what I just learned? People gotta understand, people are wasting time. It's foolish to think all you need is the information. 

$100 to $300 for the LLC. I can teach you about business, but you cant afford. You gotta do things in order, there is no shortcut. It's not out there. You found out, this doesn't work. I get some crazy stuff in my DM sometimes. 

Did you think people buying stocks for free? Did you think they buying real estate for free? They lying. They gotta pay for something, an appraisal, some closing costs. You gotta pay for something. I have seen the ads. 

5 pillars of credit (Got it)

Work from home agent (Got it)

Small business toolkit (how to start a business)

That's what you gotta do. If you are committed to taking care of your money, your money will take care of you. Monetize everything. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mad at today

Peplum

Hooking Up