Dispatch live 4.10.22 done

4.11.22 LIVE catch next.  wurkitleesh

Jason: 40ft flatbed. some cdl some non cdl. 

How are you finessing on gas prices? we are going to get into it. 

GAS PRICES: 

Shorter runs, I see if I can turn a load over within a day which is possible. I book a load that's less than 200+ miles if driver can get there the day of. If broker says delivery can be there by tomorrow by 7pm. I call, (outside of broker) they give you address where to pick up and deliver to, so I go ahead and call delivery site, see if they are 24 hour shipping. and if an appointment is required. if its not first come first serve, we will drop it off.


REEFER- more tricky, you need an appointment and can take up to 8 hours to be loaded. appt is 8pm evening, they leave at 3am and have to have load there at 8am. on 500 miles. i know my driver, we get it there. 

after 2 hours, get the detention pay. 

**FOLLOW UP EVERY HOUR**

-Keep updating that broker every hour. Email is never going to lie. ex. driver being loaded. driver being loaded. detention time, no gray area. request their detention time after driver is there. I've gotten $400 on detention time on rate con. 

-micro point tracking. TQL tracking, doesn't matter, email is best. it doesn't update as much as we do (the apps). Develop great communication with these drivers. Interview these drivers before taking them on. When I bring a carrier, I met with the owner, I talk to the owner, I'll talk to the driver separate. When we gather, I do a 3 way call and make sure we are all on a 3 way page.

-have them uncomfortable conversations with the carriers. oh rates drop. (best to hear it from you than from someone else). 

LESS MILES, LESS WEIGHT, MORE MONEY

I am not taking loads that are larger than 40k. way these rates are, 250 miles and they want to pay 1100. best thing I do, I put them in owner operator position (for carriers) if you have 5 kids, 1 disabled, gas is $5 a gallon. Squeeze them for everything that they got. If they are not coming up to your rate, keep it moving. if they want it moved, they are going to call you back. 

-oh, the rate went up. I asked 1500 now its 2k. I'll say truck is 30 minutes out, not in same area. 

STORY TIME: 

-REEFER LOAD: 723 miles. pick up NC and drop off elizabeth, NJ. needed truck to get home, send truck for repairs. drop off thursday or early Friday. talking to driver, didnt pick up that broker said is he TANQUER ENDORCED OR HAZMAT? I said Tanquer endorced. 

He said cool. all through email. drivers get there, driver is getting loaded. lady gave me HAZMAT STICKERS. Did they give you a seal yet? driver didnt know what to do with it. I had locked the load in for 2300. HAZMAT load would be 4800. I called Jason, how am i going to get out of this? 

He got that load for 8k, 2300 locked in. he was going to cash out. Driver already left with load and he has no HAZMAT endorsement. I called Jason and Jason said, what level? Level 3. He cant even drive at night. he had to go through DOT inspections. I called owner, they loaded the truck, driver on the move. I don't know what to do. We will hope all goes well. 

Owner calls back, we are going to take the load back. Called the broker, just know the refeer . Temp had to be set at 77 degrees for the load. We are going to take it back. Act like reefer broke, all of that. broker gave us name when we take the load back.

Broker calls back and says don't worry still deliver.  We unload the truck, I don't update him. Broker keeps calling, I pick up when its unloading. called from different number, 8500 that load was paying. SO GLAD GOT RID OF THAT LOAD. If Jason didn't tell me what level it was, what miles and everything, this broker was going to get so much money. 

Now I know HAZMAT, TANQUER. My one day experience, besides rates being low. I got him another load coming back, paying even better. It was a crazy week. 


JASON: GREAT WAY TO GET CARRIERS (usually charge for this) 

FMCSA website, look up new carriers, in the top right hand corner is SMS RESULTS. 

When you click on that, you will get the address and also get email address. 

You can do email marketing on those. 

-If you do this step, you will get an email address. You will be able to distinguish what type of equipment they have. 

QUESTION- GAS PRICES- JASON

gas prices- do short runs 

hotshot- keeping them in their area, with the fuel prices its critical. My hotshots got all their certifications, hazmat, twit card and types of equipment you need on the hotshot to make the weekly gross rise. 

lady: carriers say my friend is making 10k on box truck, the details: makes 10k in box truck (they leased on another company, has hazmat, has twit card).

-Some of this info is not on google. We learned through trial and error.

Jason: I want to help people, tap in and get free info.  knstruckinglogistics

Other person:   Took the course. stuck, took test, still learning and still watching mastermind calls. They are 2 hours and change. 

-ask carriers sign up for hazmat and twit card. they can sign up for that in the same place.

MARKETING:

Make flyers. then educate yourself on the load board. lanes are a city to a city. that's what a lane is. GA TO TN That's a line. 

you as a dispatcher has to figure out where are the high paying lanes. we like northeast. we do this. we know that up north, the lanes pay more. we like to keep our trucks up northeast. hotshot, dry van, box truck, reefer. this is a gem because a lot of drivers say i dont want to go to NY. don't take me over there. but why not? that's where the money is at. cause of traffic, troll, so what? I am going to negotiate in your rate that toll and traffic. because i know, i know how to negotiate your rate. 

when you drop that load, i'm going to have another load for you, to get out of there. because its busy over here. 

wurkitleesh- as a dispatcher, if i have to convince you what i do, then you dont need me and i don't need you. we see different. if we can cut around 

pittsburg- a lot of hills, up and down. we know how to get around if you are coming to NC to Ohio. we may take you to bottom part of OH then in NJ. industry that changes every hour. 

JASON: niche flatbed or hotshot. i know how to talk that talk. you from NY, in any game you just have to talk that talk. once you understand, you are good. 

Lady: I have a hookup with trailers. I'm not taking a power only unless they have a trailer. 

Jason:  You can get Twit and Hazmat without CDL.  If you do that, money is great. You cant find those loads on DAT, truckload, its all about those relationships. 

Lady: Certain brokers I talk to everyday. Me I'm heavy set with brokers and most of my shippers. I barely touch the load board. They hold the load and wait for my trucks to get there. best kind of relationship to have, for sure. 

Jason: if you have your Hotshot get Hazmat, TWIT Card, can make 8k to 10k a week. and CARD for California. 

Jason: Conversation with a broker, great rate for reason is in. Yes, good rate but we have to have 8 foot tarps with 8 foot drops. That means that the load is tall. or height. the trailer is 3 ft off the ground. now we are touching 11 ft. We're getting close to that clearance. and now if the load is that tall, now we got drag, wind drag. It burns more fuel because its holding the truck back. 

Lady: We gotta go up north,its raining, gust of wind is 16 to 20,  driver will turn more fuel. 

YOU CANNOT USE GAS AS A POINT IN ORDER TO GET MORE MONEY. FUEL IS FUEL. 

Jason: Broker doesnt care about that, A broker will hang up if you say that.

This load is high. We're going to have wind drag, it's going to burn more fuel. If I'm talking to a BROKER, NOT A BROKER AGENT. broker, not a broker agent, they will say: hold on. Let me talk to my manager. When they go on mute, I'll go on mute too. When you talk to a broker, they are not gonna penny pinch. They know what the lane is worth. They know the freight that you have. They are not gonna penny pinch. when you tell them thing, like  the wind drag, if load is 10 ft tall, burning more fuel and you want me to tarp it as well? 

lady: truck driver has to stop and check on it to every so many miles. 

If I am asking for more than he can accept. I need to make a class on negotiating. 

***The first thing they will say I gotta get this rate approved. they will say that. If they are serious about giving you the load, they will say hold on. let me call my customer and get the rate approved. ****

Lady: I see if agent is talking to another carrier to see if they accept the load that its originally posted for. most cases, they will call manager, or see if they get another carrier for 1800. I'm holding for 2200. 

Jason: I teach brokers on hotshot, no way you are going to move that load. No way you are not going to move that load. It'll be on DAT all day. 

lady: If they put a price on it, they got more on the load. (more money available). Asking me what I want or what is my best offer? 2 different answers. I'm gonna say 3k. That's absurd. what's the best offer. In my head, I can be thinking 2k. I start with 2300 so I can meet you in the middle. 

Jason: You gotta know this little bit of information, with hotshots. like tarp loads. Tarpening is simple. In your case, you deal with semi-truck reefers, power only, that's touch freight. Hotshot is touch freight. I gotta get out my truck and tarp something this is touch freight. I gotta have a number in my mind that is fair. It's gonna take my driver maybe one hour. 

JASON: I dont want to downplay brokers. sometimes they dont have more in the load. When you learn to speak to a broker in this way. This is a gem. 

****Don't tell them 'this is what I want'. Tell them, if you can get this rate approved, we can get the load. 

TRY TO GET THIS RATE APPROVED FOR US.***

You are showing them that you are not putting the weight on them. Go to the shipper and ask for them to pay this much. When you do that, the brokers they appreciate you more and they respect you. You are giving them respect. 

lady: power only, i have a broker that I work with. I find out what is the closest base, run load for them. keep trailer for 5 days. once 5 days is up, take back to the yard. run bag up at least 8k for sure. 

Best way to develop relationship? Start on load boards. How often you run this load? take this off the load board, we are going to run that. 

How to describe what I do? dispatcher is back office. We run the company. You book loads, giving the paperwork, when you get the load you are going to have to fill out carrier packet. step into the role as the owner. if owner is driver and dont understand the logistic and market rate, that's where we come in. we take care of everything. You want to have carrier on auto pilot. Where they don't call you. If you make 8k to 10k every week. THE OWNER WILL NOT CALL YOU. 

JASON: I'm touch with the drivers, they love me, They call me too much. I need some minutes with my kid. me and the drivers are like this. 

Lady: I met with my drivers.

Question: HOW DID YOU GET CARRIERS?

LADY: Back then, indeed was popping. I landed 7 carriers and they are still with me today. 

Sometimes, they are not going to tell you if they need dispatch service or they can be cleaning up another person's mess. Sometimes dispatches dont pick up on weekend.

YOU CANNOT DISPATCH PART TIME. YOU GOTTA ANSWER THE PHONE. 

3am, 4am. I gotta answer the phone. Hello, what happened? where's the closest truck stop. 

Talisha pays the lumper, so that they can get to the next town. paying it because I don't want to miss out on the next load. Get your money, this is business. (I get the money right back). 


I was a shotshot drivers, step decks, all the equipment i know a lot of people. i used to do hotshot driver. once i started dispatch, easy to get carriers. did do indeed, didnt work out for me. 

lady: i had my mother my daugther at carrier stops. leisha is a beast. nobody can tell me something different. less than a minute to do my business field. they might call a week later or that same night. 

CARRIERS TALK WHEN YOU ARE DOING A GOOD JOB. SCALE up, train somebody. so that you can move all these trucks. you can do 7 by yourself. Get somebody else. Pay your people, they will have your back. I pay them 5% depending on how good they are. 


*******************************1 hour mark*********************

Q: Share SMS again. Jason: tap in, I'll show you one on one. I'll show you how to do it. 

Objections on recruiting: 

PORTER- IM monoporter? 

-When you cold call the new MC number they get a million calls a day. They are hanging up on everybody. You can't sound generic. ' i'm dispatching i handle paperwork, I book loads.' 

its not going to work. You have to figure out a way to get their attention. Partner with a factoring company, you can offer factoring.

lady: I got 5 of them. But there is one that I love. PORTER BILLING. 

Jason: I like them. They got their own little portal. Definetely. 

lady: Ivan is my guy. Mention my name or Jason's name. I got all my guys there under 2 percent. OTR. If you partner up with them, and they send you carriers if you don't have any. 

Jason: I got a few from porter. Porter sends me a lot of carriers, I shut some of them down. 

lady: I got 2. (i think she said) 

Jason: 15 ft I cant do anything with that. 

lady: box trucks. do you straps? estraps? pilor jack? blankets? have all of that, lift gate.16 ft box truck cant do nothing. 

like the power only. do you plan on getting a trailer. you have a year with no trailer? hussling backwards. 

Jason: power only makes money, but you should have your own trailer. 

Jason:  I have a box truck. averaging, lowest week he had was 4700. had him since January. highest was like 6200. That was a good week.

Jason: I call all my carriers every Saturday and have a re group of the week. I call them, and he said he wants to make 10k. I told him, are you serious? You're in a box truck. 

lady: I live close to a lot of trucks in my area. So I was thinking I should go to direct shippers. working on government contract, finished broker score already. I'm waiting for credit score to go up, claim my insurance bond. working on government contracts. 

Google manufacturers in your area. go to those, they might ask for a fleet. if you have more than 5 trucks get those in one board to go to that one shipper. always try to think outside the box for sure. 

Jason: Next Gem, Go direct to shippers. 

Sell yourself to owner ops?

Jason: NY guy, confident, I talk aggressively. be aggressive and know what you know. talk about what you know. I'm going to talk to brand new carriers and tell them you are not going to be able to get loads. you cant make money others are making. 

I can help you, you can make at least this much every week. Maybe more sometimes. 4th month, after 6 months is take all. if right dispatcher, broker might override the system. 

lady: some brokers override the system with the right dispatcher. 

Jason: did you move this load before? bypass that 6 mo authority. can you do it for 1500 instead of 1600. given that you have given us a chance, we can do it. its cool. 

You cant use Landstart, TQL, broker use 800. right relationship they will override the system. 

Q: how to talk to direct shippers? 

Jason: favorite concept right now. I charge for this. I need some money for this one. 

If you running hot shots, this is whhttps://www.macraesbluebook.com/menu/product_heading.cfm?groupid=4230y i'm succesful because I contact the direct shippers all the time. when they sign up with me, i write down their home town. and then: next step: I google. I find manufacturers in their area. there is always one, 'we got couple o guys that help us. give us your information. we'll give you some loads when they are available. 

Get their name and email. Call back, do you know this person I spoke to?

Jason: Mac Cree's Blue Book (PIN THIS)

Macraesbluebook.com

*******

Jason: I don't call carriers no more, I call shippers daily. 

Lady: partnership, you will get a little bit. they send you a check at the end of the month. I keep adding on, and I see all my carriers. Even if you dont dispatching for them, you will still get a check from them. NICE.

Jason: call all the factoring companies and tell them that you want to work with them.

Shippers have credit too. Same process as if they were a broker. 

** They are going to create an event**


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mad at today

Peplum

Hooking Up