Support

Today was my poetry event. My boyfriend didn't show up. I should be used to it, my mom never showed up to  my concerts or Steppers shows. But for some reason, it still hurt. It also didn't help that he butt-dialed me at 7:30, half an hour after the event started. I thought it was to say: 'Hey I'm on my way.' but it wasn't. I just heard background noise over a song that sounded like it was being played in a car. So I'll sit here in my room. I won't call. I won't worry. I'll watch the movie that I just 
rented and I will do something nice for myself. 
Watch the comedy 'Identity thief' because laughter is the best medicine. Missing you so much lately makes me miss my business, and life, and wishing I could just make money with my brand. Someday, work everyday for it and I will get it. Until then, I miss you. I wish you were here. Show some support next time. Or at least a text would have been nice. Like, 'Hey sorry couldn't make your event.' Delete the word try from your vocabulary, just like the word maybe, it's passive and selfish. Selfish because it leaves the other person with hope, then leaves  them with disappointment when you don't show up. Please, please, don't 'try' anymore. Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mad at today

Peplum

Hooking Up