Ordinary

Some things have changed.  My sister has the car she wants  (instead of white it's gray).  My brother's wife is pregnant with a girl (just as my brother wished for).  I have a boyfriend (yeah, me who is always single). And I live away away from the noise.  My sister already told me of how my aunt is jealous. I let her know that her having a  nice car is intimidating. 

Sometimes when we shine our light,  it makes others realize how much in the dark they are. Nothing to be ashamed of. My aunt doesn't like to work and lives in the projects. She doesn't mind living off the government. My mom is 62 and is still working, so is my aunt. This aunt, the youngest, I can't remember the last time she had a job.  So don't be mad that someone got a car financed for 5 years making $300 payments. You can do that too. You have two legs and two feet so get to work.  Someone has to pay the price, and we all benefit. We all got in my sister's car and she drove us to the beach. If she didn't have that car, it would have just been my brother's car and my mother's car and we probably would not have gotten to the beach at all. That goes to show you. When we grow, you are pulling the  whole family up. I love how my Tio Vinicio did it. He moved away to Georgia. And he's the only one that has had his own business and lives in a mansion. He lives good, comes to visit when he wants. He did it right. I look up to him. 

So things in ordinary are changing, and it's no longer cool to be ordinary. At least in my eyes. I am the broke one but I am the one that is working on her dreams. My fortune is in the future, building a brand, my skills and following the plan that God has for me. I know I will succeed. No doubt about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mad at today

Peplum

Hooking Up