Faith


Faith is walking through a fog. One so thick, you can't see anything ahead, not even your own feet. Surely, that's what the psalmist must have felt when he walked through the valley of death. He knew he was doomed. But, he had hope, because he knew God was with him. His assurance and his faith pulled him through that moment, walking step by step through that valley that he was sure would lead to his death.  The same way now, after making $43 today at the restaurant & having to find a place by the first.  I do feel like I'm walking straight through homelessness. One aspect of my life (where to live) that just is not stable right now. I am so not used to this. Go follow the voice of God (move out to North Brunswick), and then feel stranded.

 God: become a teacher. Auris: GPA doesn't fit requirement and I need money to go back to school to get these 18 credits. Worked at the restaurant last summer until I could get the $300 to become a substitute. Now God is opening doors for me, got the secretary talking about me to the principal about me even though I'm just a sub. 

Surely, God you are a trickster because you were right!  Turns out after a day full of yelling and screaming and at one point had to turn off the lights  in a Lincoln school classroom because I was at my wit's end and didn't know how to control the class. I got out of there cheesing, smiling from ear to ear.  

Children are sweet and pure and I like being around them. God was right, I love being a teacher and I have the patience and the love for children and I use that platform to honor God.  I pray that Jesus' hands are my hands and to give me a heart for his people. God called me to New Brunswick Middle School (the one where all the bad kids from all the other schools are sent to and teenage pregnancies are as frequent as the fights that happen everyday.) Yeah, there. That's where God called me . 

So surely God you are not going to leave me halfway!! Finish your work I plead!!! I have the faith, take over, do your magic, your miracles. I need a prayer right now.  Thursday I have to live somewhere and I made $43 today.  God work with me. It's a slippery slope God, work with me I beg and plead. You've done it before, do it again. Make everyone a believer. Glorify your name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mad at today

Peplum

Hooking Up