Mirror (Commentary on Long Lasting Love)

In the movie 'The Vow,' Channing Tatum's character and his wife said 'I love you' after 3 days. It makes me wonder, can love happen that quick?  Have you heard of the story of a happily married couple (6 years strong) who met and in a week they were married. If you were to ask them about that decision that goes against all societal notions on picking a partner,  they would tell you the most vague quotes ever: "They Just Knew" and "When you Know you Know." Where can I drink that juice?

   In the song "I'm a Believer" (you think you don't know it until you see Shrek and the whole cast sings it at the end) the song talks about this. We are all skeptics until love happens to us. Salma Hayek in a recent interview said she didn't believe in marriage. She thought couples were secretly miserable and stayed together because of the kids. It's not until she got married and has a 'partner she can share everything with' that she became a believer.  I also think of Neo from 'The Matrix,' the Oracle told him that being the one is like being in love, no one has to tell you it, you just know.

 I have this experience happening to me. It's like he didn't  even have to try. It's so effortless to love him. I don't understand it logically. And I'm not saying he's my soulmate because I don't believe in such things anymore. Anyhow, it reminds me when I met my cousins in Georgia for the first time. I loved them already.I don't know if it was because 'logically' they were family. I can't explain it. But with Angel, that's how it was. He didn't have to do anything. It was like I already loved him (now that happened on the third day just like in the movie 'The Vow.') Anyhow songs like Mirror by Justin Timberlake let me know that I've never experienced that long lasting love. The song is all about feeling so close to someone it's like they are a part of you. I have no idea what that feels like and I guess you have to be with someone for a long time to feel that. I'm the type that walks away when I see something I don't like. 

I'm learning that staying together through the hard times (like disappointments) is what make a relationship stronger and sweeter. So the other day we were upset and I heard the song 'Countdown' by Beyonce and she said 'through the ups and the downs' and it clicked. This was a valley, the mountain will rise again. She sang with so much joy and she let me know that it gets better. And you know what? It did. The very next day. So Angel, I love you. and I'm writing about it in my blog that no one reads and maybe it's best because I don't want to be judged. I love you and there's nothing you can do about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mad at today

Peplum

Hooking Up