I am valuable, a book of affirmations (1st draft)

 I am valuable


I have gifts


I may not know what they are there


but like a sleeping giant, I know they are there


Unseen and unheard, are the millions of talents inside of me


As life and I would discover, they will wake up when I am ready.


When I am scared, I like to fly


Fly over the world, see all the countries, go to the lions, sit by their side


when I am full of joy, I like to dance

Dance like no one is watching

That's just the way I am


When I am happy,

oh there is no one that cannot see it

I smile so big the sun has to hide from me


When I am sad

it seems like I cry rivers and take over the world's water supply


I try to stop it, but the tears they just keep coming


When I am hurt, I do not understand why

What did I do?

How can I stop doing it next time?


When I get yelled at, I feel so small

why am I not good enough?

What can I change about myself so that I don't have to crawl?


The words they tell me are the words that they tell themselves

its not me that they are limiting, they are limiting themselves.


I deserve to be happy and smile and cry once in a while

I do not deserve to be yelled at, cried at, or poked at.


I like to dance and be free and play and swing.

I like to fly high and feel the breeze in the air in my hair

I want to be a surprise


Sometimes I may not understand the world and my place in it

Sometimes I cry and I do not even know why

I just want to be accepted,

momma, can you hear what's inside?

I am tried of being broken

sometimes I just want to hide


You told me I wasn't pretty

and woulndt amount to anything

but I know I'm going to be somebody

People will look  up to me and clap and wow and yes mam!

i will be a judge or a cop or a nurse or a doctor

I will be something where people need my knowledge and education


I will be important, and I am important now.

I am a jewel, its not my fault you can't see it yet.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mad at today

Peplum

Hooking Up