Dispatch call 3.31.22

Alix GoodEnergy: 

 Atlanta to Louisville, KY to Charlotte, NC: perfect triangle


Lady: took her a year. got her first carrier. 

wake up early, cant get up at 7am and find the best loads. Needs to 

Erica Blocker:

Networking, business brunches, that's where he met fleet owner. 

2 carriers, 5 box trucks, dispatching for 2 weeks. need help already.

carrier is going to bring another carrier next week. headset, pull over, hey i'm a dispatcher. now you have my flyer. 

-Get out of other Facebook groups. they can be negative, the comments are negative, gas, cheap freight. that's not your story that is not going to happen for you. 

-I wake up at 5:45am. stay up late. load boards are jumping at 10pm. loads being added. you can email them and they can text you then call you.


ADVICE TO GET CARRIERS:

- cold calling is the best way to get carriers


MELISSA: was a driver, now dispatching. has 2 carriers, each have 4 trucks. 


ERIK COLLINS:

Cold calling, prepared for them to say I got another dispatching.

charge 10% 

You charge too much, dispatchers.  charge 5%

million dollar close

Okay, I gotta ask you a quick question

do you purchase off of value or quality.

quality, quality of course

if you go to vacation, you book spirit or delta flight?

delta

different in quality, delta everything is going to be good, everything is quality

I know my service is worth 10%

next person will charge 8% and they will give you 8% service,

if you are confident and 


already have a dispatcher. okay, quick question

how is that going for you?

'he's late, he's bad'

if great, i'll follow up with you.


have an answer for everything that they throw at you.

dispatcher might be trash, have to ask. 


I dont rememeb but I prepare, I have it written in my notebook.

We're gonna be the #1 dispatch company. for that, I need you. i dont know about you, but I plan on growing. if you get another truck, I want to dispatch that truck too.


business in 10 years.

but you have bene doing it for yourself. when are you going to take a chance for something different? 

I'm young I got energy I know I can grow your business. What's up?

I guarantee 5k. 7k to 10k, 5k to 6k. they like to be home. 7 to 10 they like to drive over the road.  I can guarantee you 5k. we did 7k first week. He's been fine after that.

How many carriers you have?

1 and fired 1 (not enough movement). 

ROB GE:

a lot of people I partied with, they are on this call. I answer all my phones. You did first part, finished the course. truck stops are good. cold calling is golden. 

on the board, call posted trucks in different cities, that really works. Sell yourself. I have 20 years in sales background. gotta be confident when you are with them on the phone. 


'I see you posted your truck on the load board. 

let me help you out, my main focus is to increase your gross profit on a weekly basis.

how much you doing right now by yourself?

okay, if i increase your week gross profit by a couple of grand, 

yes iIll take 10 percent but it'll pay for yourself. 

ALIX:

look over all the calls. going back and forth. I wouldn't launch until you go through this entire course. 


If you have gone through the entire course, seen every call, do not launch, PERIOD.


Alix: Don't launch tomorrow. go finish the course. feel more empowered after going through the whole course. 


-load board subscription for each carrier? yes

180, same or 100 third is like $50.


Shalonda: Virgina, power only. 

D'Anna: got 2 new trailers, 2022 but in the wait list. 


Alix: up to us to find triangle route that fits that part of the country. Syn

They don't update as quick as Sonar. me, Rob we can all long in at the same time.


Rental yard. com found trailer for $900 a month. 

Eric:

potential owner operators. working for a company. don't have their stuff yet. What's the best way to handle setting up their information for them? they are going to be fleet owners. now you business owner. take the complete trucking portal to make sure they are doing the right way. 

-load got rejected, had driver waiting 2 days. drove the stuff back to the shipper. 

They couldn't drop the load off on the day that they told us. drove merchandise back to ATL. how does he get paid for that? detention fees for 2 days but. 

before he left receiver, you have to negotiate. its not your fault. ask for the same amount if possible. that needs to be negotiated before you even leave. if you did it without negotiating, they are going to give you what they want. 

Kenny: watched all the masterminds, they answered all the questions in the mastermind. every second you get, use that time wisely. LLC 

Shonda: 7 years in healthcare... father is trucker, brother cdl for 20. 

broker in the 90s he said nothing like a dispatcher. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mad at today

Peplum

Hooking Up