And

 then you get bitter mad at God

because he asked you to come

and I say why would you put me in this vulnerable situation


you know the things that have happened

nothing would happen if I had a stable home


and then you feel bad

for being born a girl

and weak

and with a big sensitive heart


pretend to be rough out there

but here I can't pretend

it hurt me, it all hurt me, the people

and their fake niceness, it hurts me

and I m tried of crying

but glad its finally coming out


when you are a  girl

and homeless and keep walking the streets

the comfort of being still is something you can not begin to imagine

you think by moving a lot you won't look homeless

just like a regular person walking


I was pregnant and in subway and the guy

he felt bad for me

and I was so beautiful

and so great

and there I was, pregnant and alone

with the guy working across the street

and he wouldn't come to me


they say you replay the past

daddy why did you leave

and angel why did you have to leave to

you said all these beautiful words of

you'll make it work and get 2 jobs I you had to

you couldn't last a week

left me alone all pregnancy

even when I went to the emergency room

what were you doing, playing video games?


you play with someone's life

its not a fair game

they have fun, we get left with the consequences


and then the pressure to work

so you don't have the profile of welfare

Cesar took it personal

like he was going to pay for diapers

and food if I didn't take the government's money



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mad at today

Peplum

Hooking Up