You're a creep

I thought we were friends
I thought we were cool

we're adults now
older now
so our conversations are

how's the wife
how are the kids

how dare you
tumble with the delicacy of these things.

Am I a bad friend to Karen and Randall
because I forgot to call on Sunday?

Or am I that friend that chases old friends
trying to keep the momentum?

Today I saw a picture of you and you looked like a different person
but when we talk it's all the same
Could it be you are just a person
that is completely different around their friends?

There is a group of guys
and they stand a certain way
and in that circle, it's uncomfortable
to be a girl in that mix

back to the creep
or my friend
who are you?
who were you yesterday?
were you drunk or were you weird
why did you act that way
why did you act like I was just an object
a doll, a perfect little creature
that is always ready for pictures

One for which you asked for
I am riled enough to write about this
because I don't know what to make of this

Emily Dickinson used to write
about how a woman opens her heart to a man
and then closes it off to the rest of society
well I thought we were friends
the way you acted, continuously asking me for a picture
as if it was your right, the desperation, the constant request
that made you sound like a beggar

reminded me of all the things I have ever hated about men
yes, I wrote that line.
but God, how despicable it seems
to me
someone I think or thought so highly of
could do such a thing
treat me like a object
discarded to be put away, here only to be seen

I would curse you but this is too much
what to do?
pray about this? talk you out of it?
tell you what you did, did you move on, did you think nothing of it?

If this is your idea, to call me tired and distressed and ask for inappropriate things
you are not deserving of anything from me, much less a friendship

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mad at today

Peplum

Hooking Up