Another birthday, Another Year

Otro cumpleanos
otro ano mas

Todo este tiempo
y aqui donde estas?

I am here
I exist
and the past is a comfort isn't it?

when we think of the good memories
and the people we shared it with

I have always been future minded
until the present gave me what I needed

Looking at the future now
I see so many possibilities

Like never before
it feels like everything is close
all my dreams and aspirations
at a hand's touch
but maybe a year, or two, or five?

but its not my reality if you see it in the mirror
but I am filled with hope and possibility

I will work hard and turn ashes into gold
in God bringing these people from the past into my life now
I feel a rekindling, a healing, a passing of the torch
a warmness
like the wax in the candle right after it burns
so hot but so moldable
and then moments later, it stays in the shape you put it in

my life is this way now,
moldable
fixable

and in the space between the raindrops
between the mountain tops
there I lay my head
rejoicing for the days ahead

Happy birthday self
let's keep this journey going

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mad at today

Peplum

Hooking Up