Love

Love is simple, love is kind. Love is not jealous. It delights in good and not evil.

And so it goes.

What is love? and why is it since babies we cry when we don't have it?

Moment by moment we want to be held, fed, sang to, cared for.

Then we grow up and become adults, but does that need for love ever change?

Maybe instead of milk what we ask for is bigger paychecks, more hugs, more sex from the wife, more awards (letters of recognition).

What is love? and what does it mean to love?

At the preschool in Art I put Auris loves _______. And I didn't know what to put down next.

What do I love? What do I actively love?

Sure I love cannolis, but I don't paint murals of them in the streets. Or yell out my love and tell the world. I definitely don't have them more than a couple of times a year, only when I'm in a pizzeria and it's on the menu then I remember that I love them and get them.

How about my kids at the preschool? I love them from 8:30 to 3:30pm and after that, their parents take over. They go to their homes and their lives and my thoughts of them leave with them as they walk out the door.

Love is an activity. It's not something you can do passively. Parents, they love. They go to their jobs so that they can provide a home and care and food and safety to their kids. Every decision they make, where they go, whether or not they travel is linked to their kids.

Love is a responsibility, and it is not one to be taken lightly. Back in the day, if you looked at a girl too long you better have intentions of marrying her. No use of carrying on like that if you're not planning to do something about it. Men today they  linger and taste the cup of beauty from women, with no promises given. They give looks that lasts too long, have conversations that reveal too much, and then leave just like that. They don't call. Don't come back, on to the next one.

They don't understand love. Love is not something that you do once (like eat a cannoli). Love is obsessive, something that consumes your thoughts. Love is passionate, love brings you joy, love is what makes life worth living for.

The only thing I could come up with is Jesus. Auris loves Jesus. (sorry cannoli, you didn't make the cut.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mad at today

Peplum

Hooking Up