I miss you

I miss you girl

you who runs with the wind

you who writes in twilight

no matter the candle light twin


I miss you girl

who dares to fight for her dreams

and her hair's worn natural, curlyesque

and brilliant, eh, mind you say?


I miss  you son

all the times I missed

the way your cheek curved into those dimples

and all the ways you walked and talked and things you did

while you were in daycare and I was at work or in class

making money to pay for these walls that you care nothing about

and your memories of them will probably fade when its time to remember


I miss our walks in the parks in Jersey

Saturdays sitting by the riverside

and the NY buildings right there on the other side

and the wedding photographer taking pictures of newlyweds

and how we walked, and how we played and inside in my mind

how I prayed and thanked God for such peaceful days


I miss you Angel, not really no

I miss the girl you used to know

she was not like me,

no, she was more

She was not, afraid to love

I've been so broken beyond repair?

or how time did not heal the wounds

for how I cried and how I wept

and how I look at men

like no, not me


Still, I gave one a chance and same pattern

I give, he takes, its over. Never quite began.

Hate the story, hate the ending

All the time, I love when I'm single again

for I can breathe again.


I am tired of the explanation.

I feel like the way I do the thing is broken.

But maybe I give myself too much responsibility.

Maybe life is like a bike ride, we are going to fall

and get bruised along the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mad at today

Peplum

Hooking Up