Today

Today is the day
I am here
where I am
not somewhere else
I rather be
or tell myself
the future that I am calling to myself


Today is the day
I will tell myself
that I am here, not somewhere else
I am poor
I stole clothes at the mall
and yet I confess
and yet I profess
and yet who I am does not change


Must pay the fee
to not call the cops, they say
and I can't afford it
I'm unemployed I say
She said you have 2 weeks
Grace has passed,
my time has come
Face the responsability

Do our mistakes follow us to the future?
the desperate things we do
when we are in desperate situations
where options are for a few
I thought of worse things to do
for money in these last few weeks

at last, I pray
I will stay myself

and the dreams in my heart
will still come to pass
and today is another day

where I learn my lesson
being poor is its own crime


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mad at today

Peplum

Hooking Up