Beautiful

You say I'm beautiful all the time

and I look good and the way people perceive me

I don't see it

you keep bringing it up

so it must be a thing


You let me know how others think

and how logical and calculated men are

and it surprised me, all the things

you said Prince knew and how easy it was for him

to get me


And you said make sure I'm getting something too

because the guy is getting a great deal

that's all I'm saying, Auris


I get the message

but I'm still naive

gotta keep thinking about the lessons

and I feel like a little kid that 

someone is explaining what the sun is


its always been this way

and the world has turned more or less

way less holy in the last 10 years

that I have escaped society

and stayed in my little bubble 

of God and Alex


And now being out, learning all that I am learning

I gotta 'put myself out there'

and have no interest in being over exposed

but am interested in making a living

a mattress money road

and I know people keep winning

by being a certain way

I was always interesting in winning

by being myself



You keep saying I'm beautiful

driving the point home

I thought beauty was conditional

like one wrong hair part

or sweating after a hot day

would make a difference


You are making me think

that beautiful is just something that I am

I never thought of it that way


Always thought I had to work hard for it

and it was never quite mine,

something to be earned

something to make people think

now I'm thinking 

It's been mine all along!


BEAUTY HAS BEEN MINE ALL THIS TIME!!!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mad at today

Peplum

THIS IS THE WORST