Porque

After all these years we speak
And in your voice is the absence of time

I heard your laugh
It was the best sound

And you are so apologetic
And you truly feel the sorrow of your ways

It makes it easier to accept you
And treat you like the forgiveness I speak

It should be
But no, the pain is still there

So I go and I speak my peace
And in speaking of the past
And the events that have led to now

I discover
I am the one that seeks to be forgiven
In your hands I want you to unlock
These chains of shame

Somehow by you not judging me
It is easier to forgive myself

This was the knot that was tangled
This was the lump in my throat
Why is it  so easy to forgive others
And understand their faults
While  holding ourselves in a prison
Not willing to let go?

I have forgiven you
So I thought
But everytime you reach out to me I feel
A lump in my throat

But after all these confessions
I released all guilt and shame
You heard my position
You looked at me the same

So now the weight is gone
The rock is dropped
I wait your response
Something I may never get

But at least the regret is gone
The untrust is farther like a bottle in a wave

I hope we can rebuild
I hope we can fix what was lost

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mad at today

Peplum

Hooking Up