Identity- new story
You don't have to arrive at some future version of yourself before you're worthy of love.
You're already His.
And I would change the story you're telling yourself.
Instead of:
“I'm the person who isn't loved or supported.”
Try:
“I'm a loved woman who is learning to stop looking for validation in places that have repeatedly failed to give it.”
That's a completely different identity.
You're not the abandoned one.
You're the woman building a life.
You're not the family disappointment.
You're the woman still moving forward despite disappointment.
You're not the woman nobody sees.
You're the woman learning to see herself clearly.
You're not powerless because you can't change your family.
You're powerful because you can decide what their behavior means about them without allowing it to determine what it means about you.
And maybe the goal isn't to get to a place where family stuff never bothers you.
Maybe it's:
“This hurts, but it doesn't define me.”
“I'm disappointed, but I'm not diminished.”
“I wish they were different, but I don't have to become different because they aren't.”
“I can grieve what I didn't receive without believing I wasn't worthy of receiving it.”
That last one feels particularly important.
You can mourn the mothering, family support, protection, or understanding you wish you'd had without turning the absence of those things into evidence that you weren't worthy of them.
You were worthy.
You are worthy.
And you don't have to spend the rest of your life proving it to people who don't know how to see it.
Today, you're tired. So maybe you don't need to fight the family thoughts either. You can just notice:
“There's that old story again: I'm the one nobody loves. I don't have to argue with it today. I know who I am.”
And then come back to yourself.
Loved.
Held.
Still becoming.
Still worthy.
Still God's.
Blessed and highly favored. feel far from me. go in the word and remind yourself in your identity. Everything else will come back. God says I'm blessed. whatever I do I will succeed. my town is blessed. your worth is far more than rubies and gold.
How God sees you is most important. It's not all I am. Identity.
So far. It's deep. It was we fight not against flesh and blood.
Choose God's identity over your own. Expensive states in America.
Comments
Post a Comment